Published: Sun, December 02, 2018
Global Media | By Garry Long

Convicted Murderer, MS-13 Gang Members Snuck Into US With Caravan

Convicted Murderer, MS-13 Gang Members Snuck Into US With Caravan

Charges were not filed because the administration generally doesn't separate families and because Customs and Border Protection didn't collect enough evidence needed to build cases, including the names of arresting officers, according to a US official familiar with the matter who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

He was arrested last Saturday night, November 24, but DHS only announced it Friday.

Tensions escalated on the southern border last weekend as the USA authorities used tear gas on hundreds of migrants who attempted to cross into California near the San Ysidro Port of Entry. Officials confirmed his conviction and sentence with the Honduran Consulate in Los Angeles.

Lazo told officials he had traveled with the migrant caravan through the risky parts of Mexico for safety, according to a press release.

The other two men who were arrested, ages 38 and 22, were Honduran nationals.

Leaders of Central American caravans should face criminal charges and be held accountable for the damage caused to Tijuana as thousands of migrants continue to plague the city, waiting to learn their fate on the US-Mexico border.

Donald Trump cancels Vladimir Putin meeting in Air Force One tweet
She was expected to arrive late to the summit, and the meeting did not appear on Trump's schedule for Friday. Ahead of the scheduled meeting, Trump's aides had previewed a broad agenda, though were vague on details.

The memo was circulated amid reports that US President Donald Trump has told aides he has considered replacing Nielsen and other officials in his Cabinet, frustrated with Nielsen's lack of progress on immigration and border enforcement. In June, Trump retreated on the administration's "zero-tolerance" policy on prosecuting illegal entries by generally exempting people who enter the country in families.

Gastélum also said that he hopes that incoming Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador's new administration would assist his town in dealing with the migrants, as there are reportedly more caravan members on their way to Tijuana.

Mayor Juan Manuel Gastélum declared the migrant caravan a "humanitarian crisis" earlier this week, but he's now saying it's too much on the city, according to an exclusive with Fox News. He told Fox News that he is going to be forced to cut aid money to the migrants living in a makeshift tent city unless he gets federal assistance.

Citing an economic study, Mayor Gastélum said a Sunday incident that forced an hours-long closure of the port, one of the world's busiest land border crossings, cost his city 129 million pesos, or roughly $6.3 million, in revenue.

He pointed out that Tijuana residents, many of whom have taken to the streets to protest the caravan's presence, are suffering financially. "That's not fair. How do you think people from Tijuana feel towards those people who are making problems?"

Mark Tapscott is a senior investigative journalist.

Like this: