Published: Sun, November 04, 2018
Global Media | By Garry Long

Mystery of Saudi sisters found tied together in Hudson River

Mystery of Saudi sisters found tied together in Hudson River

The two Saudi Arabian sisters whose bodies were found duct-taped together near a New York City river stayed at numerous "high-end hotels" in the Big Apple and "maxed out" a credit card before their deaths by shopping and ordering-in meals, police revealed Friday.

The sisters moved to the USA from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, in mid-2015, sources told the News.

According to Shea, investigators believe the sisters left Fairfax, Virginia, on either August 23 or 24 and took different methods of transportation, including Uber, to NY, where they arrived on or about September 1.

The sisters were found tied face-to-face with duct tape at the waist and feet, were fully clothed and their bodies showed no obvious signs of trauma, which likely rules out a theory that they could have jumped together from the George Washington Bridge.

This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed. The case remains under investigation, Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said.

The two young women moved to NY two months before they died, where they stayed in five-star hotels and spent their time shopping. Police said they were still alive when they went into the water.

Shea said investigators were able to confirm through Uber records that the sisters traveled for most of August until they arrived in New York City on September 1. Medical examiners have not decided the cause of death. A police investigation has reportedly yet to show any signs of foul play.

It has been nine days since the bodies of 22-year-old Rotana Farea and 16-year-old Tala Farea washed up along Riverside Park and still no definitive answers on how they ended up there.

Sheriff's office places 'No Trick-or-Treat' signs at sex offenders' homes
The sign placed on the edges of the front yards of registered sex offenders in Butts County , Georgia. Parents can also find the map to registered sex offenders in their area by following the link.

Police said an eyewitness saw who he believed to be the Ferea sisters at around 7 a.m. on October 24 in Riverside Park in Manhattan.

As per the Associated Press, the little girls have been identified as 16-year-old, Tala Farea, and 22-year-old, Rotana Farea, who lived in Fairfax, Virginia.

Rotana was enrolled at George Mason University, in Fairfax, but left in the spring.

Detectives spent the last week interviewing family members in Virginia and trying to piece together the sisters' movements in recent months.

The sisters were reportedly seeking asylum in the USA and Saudi Arabia had ordered the family to return home.

According to Shea, authorities placed the sisters in a "shelter-like" facility in Virginia in December 2017 after allegations of abuse and torture at the hands of their family were reported.

Saudi Arabia has denied any link to the death of two Saudi sisters studying the United States.

Like this: