Published: Sun, September 09, 2018
Markets | By Erika Turner

Sick Passengers Taken to Hospital after International Flight Lands at Kennedy Airport

Sick Passengers Taken to Hospital after International Flight Lands at Kennedy Airport

An airline statement said: "Emirates can confirm that about 10 passengers on #EK203 from Dubai to NY were taken ill". He said the sick people were on what he called the "bottom floor".

Social media commentary gold promptly ensued following his tweets about the Emirates Airbus A380.

That quarantine was confirmed by New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's office by his press secretary, Eric Phillips, who noted the information was based on a preliminary briefing.

New York's Jamaica Hospital confirmed that three passengers and seven crew members were evaluated at the airport and later brought to hospital for treatment. The crew members and passengers reported symptoms that included coughing, a headache, sore throat, fever and other flu-like symptoms, New York City health officials said.

Flight 203 was quarantined at JFK airport on Wednesday after more than 100 passengers and crew complained of feeling unwell during the flight.

Emirates Flight 203, which originated in Dubai, was carrying more than 500 passengers and landed around 9:06 a.m. ET, a source with the Port Authority of NY and New Jersey said. The rep added, "symptoms still pointing to the flu". Because the plane also stopped in Mecca, Phillips tweeted that the flu may be the culprit, as Mecca is now experiencing an outbreak.

Trump Tells Montana Rally Crowd: If I Get Impeached, it's Your Fault
It's nearly certainly a little hot and stuffy at these things, but if you're going to sit where cameras can see you, it's probably a good idea to keep in mind that the world is watching.

According to Phillips, the sick passengers are headed to the hospital.

The Emirates flight landed at about 9:10 a.m. Wednesday.

Larry Cohen, who identified himself as one of the passengers on the plane, uploaded photos on Twitter showing dozens of police and emergency vehicles waiting outside the aeroplane on the tarmac.

The Port Authority of NY and New Jersey did not immediately respond to an AFP request to comment.

The New York Police Department Counterterrorism Bureau said they were monitoring a "medical situation" at the airport.

Like this: