Published: Mon, June 12, 2017
Global Media | By Garry Long

London Attack: Attacker Known to Authorities As PM's Record Called Into Question

London Attack: Attacker Known to Authorities As PM's Record Called Into Question

London police said earlier they had recovered a body from the Thames in their search for Xavier Thomas, a 45-year-old missing since Saturday's attack.

Detectives previously appealed for the public's help to locate Thomas, who had not been seen since the attack on Saturday. They stressed that while they believe they know the attackers' identities, "formal identification is yet to take place".

Nathalie Cros Brohan, sister of Mr Thomas's girlfriend Christine Delcros, posted on Facebook this morning that the family "fear the worst".

Thomas' girlfriend was seriously injured after being hit by the attackers' van.

Three more people were arrested on Wednesday in connection with London's weekend terrorist attack, on the eve of Britain's election, police said.

The trio killed eight and injured 48 in their rampage around London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday night.

Australian authorities are working with United Kingdom police to determine what happened to Brisbane woman Sara Zelenak, 21, who is still missing after being separated from friends on London Bridge during the attack.

THE NETS: KENNY ATKINSON GIVES SQUAD NEW DIRECTION
They had very few three-pointers to speak of; in other words, they were the opposite of what the NBA is supposed to be today. In fact, not only do they have deficiencies, but they do not even have the tools or resources to resolve those deficiencies.

Authorities identified the three men believed to have launched the attack as Khuram Shazad Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba.

Youssef Zaghba - an Italian national partially of Moroccan descent - has been identified as the third suspect in the multi-prong attack in London that killed seven people.

Butt is a Pakistan-born United Kingdom citizen known to the police and MI5 living in East London; he was so well known, that he was featured in a Channel 4 documentary about United Kingdom jihadis, The Guardian reports.

A third man, aged 29, was arrested at a home in the same area on "suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts".

Rachid Redouane had "claimed to be Moroccan and Libyan", the authorities said.

The attackers were shot dead by police.

Two of the men were arrested during an operation on a street in Ilford, east London. All others who had been arrested have been released without facing charges.

Like this: