Published: Thu, April 20, 2017
Sports | By Brett Lawson

NEW INFORMATION: NatGeo says no decision on O'Reilly book


Rupert Murdoch, chairman of 21st Century Fox and Fox News, sent a memo Wednesday afternoon to address questions surrounding the departure of top-rated host Bill O'Reilly. The books in his "Killing" historical series, including "Killing Lincoln" and "Killing Reagan", have consistently sold 1 million or more copies in hardcover, a rare achievement in publishing, and his platform on Fox enabled him to promote his work.

In addition to those women, former Fox News contributor Wendy Walsh and an unnamed woman said they had called the Fox News hotline to report sexual harassment by O'Reilly.

After a 21-year career at Fox News, veteran broadcaster Bill O'Reilly was dismissed by the conservative channel on Wednesday following a series of sexual harassment allegations.

At least two of the women who took action against O'Reilly and the network reportedly had recorded conversations with him, according to The New York Times. It doesn't mention the sexual harassment allegations or the reported $13 million that Fox and O'Reilly had to pay out to quiet the accusations.

The National Organization for Women, a US feminist organization, is calling on the city and state of NY to launch an independent investigation into what it calls a culture harassment at Fox News.

"Credit to James and Lachlan for doing the right thing here", said DiClemente, who noted that dealing with the O'Reilly controversy "in the right way" could be helpful for the Sky review.

Trump inaugural attracts record $107 million in donations
Kerrigan said the inaugural events may have served as an opportunity for donors to try to curry favor with the incoming president. Health care, energy and beverage companies were among the many businesses giving $250,000 or more.

As we reported last week, an independent analysis by the ad-tracking firm iSpot.tv showed O'Reilly's program had lost about half its advertisers in a span of several weeks due to the allegations.

As part of its primetime shakeup after the departure of Bill O'Reilly, Fox News has made a decision to move the popular show The Five to 9 p.m. ET, beginning on Monday, April 24. His own 9 p.m. slot will be replaced by The Five, a show that hosts a roundtable of commentators on different issues.

The departed O'Reilly's "The Factor" will continue through this week with Dana Perino hosting Wednesday and Thursday night, and Greg Gutfield on Friday. He was scheduled to return Monday. O'Reilly has denied wrongdoing. The network will also want to determine how to maintain audience consistency for the rest of its lineup, which includes Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.

This decision follows an extensive review done in collaboration with outside counsel.

An attorney for O'Reilly on Tuesday called the allegations "a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America", according to The Wall Street Journal.

O'Reilly announced last week he was going on a planned vacation that he'd booked months previous.

Like this: