Published: Wed, April 05, 2017
U.S. | By Vera Richards

Details of Facebook Live sexual assault revealed in court

Details of Facebook Live sexual assault revealed in court

A second teen boy has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl that was streamed last month on Facebook Live, police said.

Five people appeared in court on behalf of the boy, including his mother and another woman who was identified as his guardian.

The teens - a 14-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy - face charges including aggravated criminal sexual assault and manufacturing and disseminating child pornography, police said in a statement. A 14-year-old was arrested on the same charges over the weekend.

The two boys have been charged so far, but police say they expect to make more arrests soon.

Police have said that a half dozen men assaulted the girl in March as they streamed it on Facebook Live. Brendan Deenihan said at a news conference Sunday.

During a juvenile hearing Tuesday, prosecutors said the victim on March 19 was lured by an acquaintance into a North Lawndale basement, where she was raped and forced to perform oral sex under fear of being attacked by a pit bill, the Sun-Times reported.

Rikers Island jail closing could bring LaGuardia Airport expansion, report says
Also, de Blasio recently told reporters that Governor Andrew Cuomo should mind his own business regarding the future of Rikers. It includes facts from scientists about the causes of climate change and how humans can help mitigate its consequences.

Police spokesman Jose Estrada told CNN after the assault that the video showed mostly closeups of body parts, and identifying the suspects had been a challenge for investigators.

"We have a very good idea of who these individuals are, but like I said, working with this victim at this time is very, very slow, and she doesn't want to talk about what occurred for obvious reasons". "We obviously have a video of the incident, so we have verifiable objective evidence of what occurred to this young lady, but she's just having a very hard time".

An investigation is now ongoing into whether online bullying of the girl has risen to the level of criminality, Guglielmi confirmed to The Post Tuesday.

The girl was found about 7:45 a.m. March 21 at the intersection of 16th and Independence by 10th District officers, police said. Eddie Johnson called the case "reprehensible."

Guglielmi has said police were not aware of the attack until the girl's mother approached Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson as he was leaving a police station on the city's West Side and showed him the video. "They've humiliated themselves, humiliated their families, and now they're going to be held accountable for what they did", Johnson said.

Like this: